Tuesday 30 December 2008

Christmas Pressies

We got so spoilt with Christmas pressies from the family this year, loads of gorgeous things. I made a little arrangement so you could see what we got.

I told my Mum I wanted good sheets and towels so she kindly obliged. The sheets are to die for, 400 count Egyptian cotton, I can't wait to get into bed at night and very loathe to leave in the morning!

I also got scented roses, a fanciful ornamental shoe (which has planted a seed!), web cam, food vouchers, bath goodies, book, shawl, shower gel, painted mushroom (Princess), lip gloss, decorated hand duster (Mum), lavender plants, herb plants, yummy cheese spread (Amah), lavender soap and key ring. Some of those were joint presents for Babes and I, like the sheets, food vouchers, web cam etc. Lucky I am good at sharing!!!

Didn't we do well though!!!



Along with the world wide recession we have our own personal one going on so I made all of our gifts for other people. I made our little Chinese friends their own Christmas stocking, the same as I did for The Princess last year, vintage chenille and fur!!


I sewed four of these aprons, one adult size and three children's size, one for a friend, two for our little Chinese friends and one for The Princess.


All three little girls also got a white t-shirt that I had hand stitched hearts and a button on to.


Years ago Babes granddad had made these wooden toadstools, so I painted one for each of the girls also. This one is The Princess's.


My Mum, Babes two grandmothers and Babes Aunty all received one of these bags made by moi!


They each got three coat hangers, a heart and a set of shoe stuffers, all heavily filled with lavender from my garden. I also 'tarted' up a bar of lavender soap for each of them.


Lots of people received these home baked and decorated cookies The Princess and I made together. We had so much fun doing them!


I have other stuff I made as well but can't show at the moment as some people haven't received their gift as of yet.

Loved Christmas this year, loved making things for everyone and loved seeing everyone open what I had made them!

Next post I will show you the dress I made for my fairy niece. I am thrilled with it.

Bye for now

Rachaelxo

10 comments:

bluemuf said...

Rachael, what a great Christmas. Those cookies look so good and I love how you wrapped them. I enlarged the picture of your giftie arrangementand the fantasy shoe look intriquing. I am looking forward to seeing the little dress you are making.

Hugs Karen

LiLi M. said...

Great gifts, the ones you received as well as the ones you made. I hope that 2008 ends happy to you and your family and that 2009 starts wonderful! Have a healthy and happy 2009. Live your dreams!

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

What wonderful gifts you received and more importantly the thoughtful ones you made.

I'm sure people so appreciated the thought and effort that went into and so much more personal

Victoria x

This Vintage Life... said...

Hi Rachael,
Hope you enjoyed a lovely Christmas and are looking forward to a great New Year!
What a super idea to make all your gifts...so nice and personal.
Deb x

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

What great and unique gifts you made and recieved....
Lots of work in making allthose goodies.....
Sounds like a great Christmas was had by all....
Happy new year to you all too

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Rachel, what lovely gifts. The things you gave are so very special. The little shirts with the heart applique and button are so adorable. I can just see those with skirs, jeans, and even shorts! You are so kind to make stockings for the others, and the cookies look wonderful! The thought that you put into each gift, is a gift in itself. I tried to make a lot of gifts this year also, and when people threw away my handmade tags, I was a "bad" girl and took them out of the garbage! I can use those creations again next year!

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Aaahh Rachael, you just can't go past a handmade gift and yours all look beautiful.
Happy New Year,
Kerryanne

Unknown said...

hey Petal where'smine - your creations are gorgeous. Sorry didn't send out chrissy cards this year - hope you had a lovely day - all the best for 2009 lots of hugs and kisses
Denny xxox

kari and kijsa said...

Here's to a joyful Christmas and a Happy New Year!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Linda said...

Rachael, what wonderful gifts...Santa was very good too you. I loved seeing what you created, handmade gifts of love are the best treasures to receive. What a lovely bag of goodies for your mum and all the ladies (I loved these)and the cookies you and The Princess made looks delish and are so pretty too. You gave and received lovely things...hugs, Linda