Wednesday 24 December 2008

On the eighth, ninth, tenth, eleventh and twelfth day of Christmas!!!

A little blogging catch up here, I have got way behind, crafting, baking, cleaning for Christmas but all done now. Santa has been early and left cookie crumbs, half a glass of milk, chomped up carrots and tipped over reindeer water!!!

I am doing this and then off to bed, big day tomorrow!!!

Anyway . . .

On the eighth day of Christmas Adrienne from Kaikoura gave to me . . .

a beautiful velvet and bead covered Christmas ornament, just gorgeous, quite Victoria looking. Thank you so much Adrienne, I adore it and will be trying my hand at some next year.


On the ninth day of Christmas Wendy from Nelson gave to me . . .

a fabric bag tied with a beaded cord, opened as they are every day by the Princess


and inside a wonderful mosaic cross. Thanks so much Wendy, just love it!


On the tenth day of Christmas Jean from Cairns, Australia gave to me . . .

the most amazing origami wrapped parcel


containing 4 exquisitely made gift tags with an delicate Asian style to them. Jean is my mother in law and is a wonderful origami artist. Thanks Gamma, they are going to be framed!


On the eleventh day of Christmas Amah from Auckland gave to me . .

a hand stitched hanging lavender bag decoration. Amah is Babes grandmother, she is 82!! This work is two sided so she made 24 pieces!!! Her work is perfection, my eyes are not as good as Amah's. Thanks Amah, just beautiful.


On the twelfth day of Christmas Miranda from Nelson gave to me . .

the most incredible crocheted bookmark in a fan pattern. Miranda, I love this, can't believe you can crochet, a hidden secret??? I am going to frame it and have it downstairs in the dining room, goes with my colours!!! Thanks Miranda, love how you presented it also!


So much fun opening a present for twelve days in row, all such diverse craft work and so much talent and thought put into it. Thank you so much everyone. This is my second year of a 12 day swap, if you ever get an opportunity to join one at Christmas time do it!

That's it my friends, I'm off to bed.

Wishing all the happiest, safest and best Christmas day.

Take Care

Rachaelxo

15 comments:

bluemuf said...

Rachael, I've so enjoyed all the lovely treasures you have received in your twelve days of Christmas.

I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas.

Hugs karen

Connie said...

Merry CHRISTmas to you and the princess in pinkkkkkkkk!!! LOL
SMooches,
Connie

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Beautiful gifts Rachael.

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas dear friend! I hope your holiday was lovely and that you got lots of Christmas hugs and kisses!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Rachael,
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
I enjoyed seeing your 12 days of Christmas gift swap. You received such beauitful and thoughtful treasures. Your sweet little darling is adorable displaying the pretties.
Blessings to you and yours in ths New Year and see you again soon.
Big hugs my friend,
Celestina Marie

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Rachael, I hope your Christmas was wonderful and that 2009 brings you everything your heart desires.

Gail McCormack said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family Rachael! I hope your day was wonderful!


Loved your gifts - what a good idea

Muriel said...

Hi Rachael

I enjoyed your twelve days of Christmas swap.

Wishing you and yours the happiest of holidays. Blessings for a New Year full of happiness, laughter, fun and love.
Hugs

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Merry Christmas Rachael! Your little princess is growing and changing before my very eyes! I love the top photo with the blue ornament...that is really special.

rosecreekcottage-carol.blogspot.com said...

Rachael...what beautiful presents! And the Princess....priceless!! Blessings to you throughout this holy season!!

Carol

Shirl said...

Hello Rachael, I loved looking at all your lovely things. The embroidery is just beautiful. Your blog is so pretty.
Have a Happy New Year, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Gina said...

What a wonderful countdown! I hope you continue to have a very happy holiday season!!!

Gina said...

My voting links should be corrected now, thank you dear!

The Muse said...

fabulous blog..i want to visit often!

Linda said...

I have not heard of the twelve day's of Christmas swap...but it's wonderful. I love all your gifts!
The Princess is just darling and looks to be having a good time too....hugs, Linda