Tuesday 24 July 2012

Happy and Sad

The Cowboy is sick so I have been playing nurse, slicing Kiwi Fruit and making lemon and honey drinks for him, he is so lucky! haha

Last week was good, busy and good, the Princess had her first week back at school after the holidays and back to normal routine of part week with her Daddy (Wasband) and the rest with me.

Lovely lovely things happened last week such as winning the Antipodes Serum, catching up with the Wasbands family, his grandmother kindly giving me petrol vouchers because she knows I am poor and my Mummy paying my doctors bill. Lucky me, blessed me!

My Mummy came for a sleepover on Saturday night, she brought with her Cornish Pastie which is made from my Granny's recipe, so so yummy, we ate the pastie, drunk red wine, crafted and laughed with the Princess... nice!

I got lots accomplished last week too, dealt with some yukky bills and stuff and made positive inroads into other stuff!

So while so good in my life so very sad to be reading about the Colorado tragedy, heartfelt sympathy to the families who have suffered loss.

Also...

so sad to hear of the passing of Margaret Mahy, amazing and inspirational New Zealand author of  many, many children's books.

There you have it, the happy and the sad!

Seize the moment!

Rachael xo

5 comments:

Celestina Marie said...

Good Day my friend,
Good to hear about your happy week and sad for the rest. Hope your Cowboy feels better soon. Glad your sweet Princess is back to her routine and school.
Sorry to read about Margaret Mahy. Her books will be treasures.
Yes, the Colorado movie theater tragedy is so sad and we are all praying for the victims and those still fighting for their life.

Have another good week and thank you for taking the time to stop by. You are a gem.

Hugs, Celestina Marie

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

I just love reading your updates...you and your family always seem to have a great time (food, crafting, laughing) you are very blessed! Plus, you always seem to see the joy in things. Wonderful!

And yes, this week has been tough with all of the news of the Colorado tragedy. There have been a few miracle stories though that have come out of it...signs of God even in an evil act of man.

Enjoy your time with the Princess and your family...life is precious!

GerryART said...

Nice post. Life is life, isn't it.
hugs to you and yours

rochambeau said...

So glad your Mum could visit and bring a delicious dinner to you and your family (also hang out and craft with you and the Princess).
Yes, life is always happy and sad, that's why I try to fly off the tails of the happy moments. Or else I would be overcome with sadness!!

Sending you great and happy thoughts!

xox
Constance

Jen said...

Sori to hear The Cowboy is sick hope he gets better soon
bless you for playing nurse

some very nice things happened for you last week :)

it is sad re the Colorado tragedy when I heard about it Billy was actually in the movies watching that movie - my daughter who told me about the tragedy was rather concerned - bless her - of course Billy was fine

wasnt Margaret Mahy a wonderful writer