Monday 26 July 2010

Fat Cherubs and Pearls

I'm thinking of selling what's left of my fat cherub collection. They are not particularly valuable but I do love them.

However you know, I have to par back my stuff and I really want to go for a simple uncluttered look in my new home.

Oh I don't know, sell/keep, sell/keep....

there's my Libran indecision kicking in!


I'm mucking about with my hair. Now that I don't go to Suzy the Korean hairdresser, who was lovely but did love her thinning scissors and a good Bob hair do, regardless of if you wanted a thinned out Bob hair do or not, my hair has finally grown past my ears!

(sorry for that long sentence, hope you caught my drift!)


My hair is now past my shoulders but the bottom half of it is very thin, due to a few years of Suzy and also some moulting thing I have had going on.... (and hair dye)

So anyway, as I said I have been mucking around, having it up, down, plaited etc.

Today I did an up do, like a fountain of hair sprouting from the top of my head, the Princess told me I looked like a flower pot! haha!

I embellished my fountain by wrapping her toy pearl necklace around and around it and added to the pearl theme further with earrings, and wrists loaded with pearl bracelets! I felt very, well pearly all day!

I took the photo at the end of the day so my fountain had slipped a bit!

Today
University all day

the Princess's water bottle leaked right through my bed, I slept in the wet patch!

the toaster jammed, it looked like there was a heavy fog throughout the house and a very nasty charred smell remains

the cat was sick on the carpet

but otherwise a fabulous day

hope you enjoyed my riveting meaningful post! lol

take care
Rachael

4 comments:

12 Days of Christmas Swap said...

You look like some Punk Rocker with Pearls:)

Ruth Welter said...

Hi Rachel, it is tough isn't it, to decide what to keep and what not to keep. I'm like you, I have paired down my house quite a bit over the years, lots of art on the walls but also, less knick knacks laying about...it helps to have that uncluttered look. I like you with your hair up....enjoy school. take care.

Ruth

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Hello Rachael~I've just strolled in for my first visit...I've enjoyed taking a peek around. Your blog is so inviting.
I once had a large collection of cherubs that's been replaced with my new French/Parisian passions. I'm still struggling at trying to keep it down to a minimum.

A new look is always refreshing,
even those that spring forth like a fountain.

I look forward to coming by your charming blog again.
Come by for a visit. Your company would be nice.

Sweet wishes,
Sara

Jen said...

love the hair do

hope tomorrow is better